Welcome to the Library!
The library program at Shabonee has many opportunities in store for students this year.
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add over 100 new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library/Internet Safety lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- Our catalog of library materials is always available to your child through the Shabonee web page any time, day or night
- We will be promoting and adding more materials to our online e-book and audio book collections.
We are looking forward to working with students throughout the year and are committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!
Library Resources - Axis360
What is Axis 360? Axis 360 allows District 27 students the ability to browse, checkout, read, and listen to books on a phone or computer with ease. If you have difficulty with checkout or return, please contact the Northbrook Public Library.
Shabonee Axis360 to My Library - All Students will login with their NB27 credentials.
How to login, checkout, and check in a book with Axis360 (PDF)
(847) 498-4970 ext. 4423
Email Ms. Alexander Opens in New Window
Library Assistant(847) 498-4970, ext. 4427 Email Ms. Chernoff Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window