The library program at Shabonee has many opportunities in store for students this year.
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add over 100 new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library/Internet Safety lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- Our catalog of library materials is always available to your child through the Shabonee web page any time, day or night
- We will be promoting and adding more materials to our online e-book and audio book collections.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, we’d love to have you! Please call the library to set dates and times.
We are looking forward to working with students throughout the year and are committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!
What is Axis 360? Axis 360 allows District 27 students the ability to browse, checkout, read, and listen to books on a phone or computer with ease. If you have difficulty with checkout or return, please contact the Northbrook Public Library.
Shabonee Axis360 to My Library - All Students will login with their NB27 credentials.
Darien Alexander(847) 498-4970 ext. 4423 firstname.lastname@example.org Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window