The teachers and staff returned today and were actively engaged in a variety of training, professional development, and planning to welcome children next Wednesday, August 21 for the first day of school. Families should have received my welcome letter with information about new staff and the start of school. Also included in the mailing was information about teachers, arrival/dismissal, lunch rotations, and snack practices/allergy information. Please take a moment before the first day of school to review that information. The children will bring home an additional packet of information on the first day of school.
Please note that the school office will be closed periodically on Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20 while the staff are involved more training and meetings. We look forward to seeing all of our dolphins on Wednesday!
School Supplies (Final posting)
School supply lists are posted on our website. For the families that purchased supplies through the PTA, those kits will be waiting in your child’s classroom on the first day of school.
Curriculum Night, Wednesday, August 28
We look forward to seeing all of our parents at curriculum night on Wednesday, August 28. Parking is limited and I encourage you to carpool with friends and neighbors. Only park in designated parking stalls. Overflow parking is available on the blacktop behind the gym after parking spaces in the east and west lots have been filled. Parking in the fire lane or non-designated spots may result in a violation from the Northbrook Police Department.
Shabonee Curriculum Night Schedule
6:30 - 7:10 PM
- Grade 3: Parents may join Dr. Panozzo, Mrs. Buchanan, and specials area teachers in the Flex Space for a general session.
- Grade 4 & 5: Parents should report to their child’s morning classroom. Parents will then have an opportunity to visit their child’s afternoon classroom and teacher.
7:20 – 8:00 PM
- Grade 3: Parents should report to their child’s morning classroom. Parents will then have an opportunity to visit their child’s afternoon classroom and teacher.
- Grade 4 & 5: Parents may join Dr. Panozzo, Mrs. Buchanan, and specials area teachers in the Flex Space for a general session.
Grade 3 Meet and Greet on Tuesday, August 20 between 2:45 and 3:15 (Final Posting)
Third grade students and their parent(s) are invited to join us for a quick informal meet and greet to visit their classrooms and meet their teachers. Due to the large number of visitors, we ask that you please make this a quick visit so that the teachers can say hello to everyone.
- August 20: Grade 3 Meet and Greet from 2:45 to 3:15
- August 21: First day of school
- August 23: PBIS Spirit Day - Beach Day as we launch SWIM (Show Respect, We’re Responsible, I’M Kind)
- August 28: Curriculum Night 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- September 2: No School - Labor Day
- September 4: STAR Reading Assessment
- September 5: STAR Math Assessment